We need a volunteer teacher for our amazing kids to begin as early as June or (latest) mid-August.
Education is something that we truly treasure and believe should be fun and exciting for our children. We chose homeschooling for our kids so that we could accommodate each one of their passions and learning styles. We believe that this offers our children a better chance of success and allows them to explore things that interest them in unique ways. For that reason, we are looking for someone who has an intense love of learning and is flexible (read: doesn’t need to stick to the book all the time).
Haiti is a beautiful country, filled with color, culture, and excitement. But it is also one that is full of challenges. We recommend that you apply with your eyes open to the fact that there will be days that Haiti will just kick you in the tush – physically and/or emotionally.
- Previous teaching experience (bonus points for experience in ESL/elementary English) – willing to consider college students with education majors
- Good references
- Good health and physical condition
- Love of kids and the Lord
- Creative/artistic mind
- Flexible and emotionally stable
- Must enjoy serving others
- Commitment to at least 1 semester, preferably entire school year
- Primary focus will be on getting our sons caught up in math and English.
- Girls are independent learners, but will need occasional help/guidance.
- You will be expected to present fun projects to break from independent study
- Kids’ Grades range from 3rd to 10th, from ESL to gifted learners
- Qualified candidates will be interviewed via Skype/FaceTime
- Preferred if final candidates can come for several days to conduct interview in person and meet the children with whom they would be teaching
- Room and board provided
- Resumes accepted until April 15.
- Interested candidates should email Rhiana with a note and attached resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for taking the time to read and share with anyone you think may be interested in an exciting teaching opportunity.