The reality that we are scheduled to leave in 7 days has really hit us hard this morning. Our prior commitments in the United States have been moved to mid December so we could actually stay another 3 weeks to work. Would you be willing to support us in that effort?
In that time we could:
1. We could dedicate time daily to culitvating the gardens at Maison des Enfants de Dieu and Kofael. This would allow for faster crop results to feed the women and children.
2. We can check in on “Johnny Pepper” and work with other malnutrition cases
3. Repair leaky roofs, bad plumbing, and rotted wood at Maison
4. Do training classes on taking care of the gardens as well as harvesting the crops.
5. Continue our teaching and tutoring with the older school children
6. Assist at birth parents day (November 29th)
7. Monitor and assist on 2 other issues that need our attention and your prayers
8. Work to plant a Harvest107 micro-farm at The Zanfan Lakay boys home
In order to stay here and accomplish the above objectives, we need to raise at least $5,000. That money would go directly to our housing, food, services and supplies. We ask that you prayerfully consider how you or others might help us raise these funds.
1. Facilitated saving “Johnny Pepper’s” life (God deserves the praise here)
2. Built and installed 2 urban gardens with over 300 food producing plants
3. Replaced school uniform belts for the boys and tailored them to fit properly
4. Replaced all of the girls undergarments and educated them on their menstrual cycle
5. Began major plumbing repairs at the orphanage (NEED to complete)
6. Led worship and bible study with the older children
7. Tutored the kids in school as well as assisted them on homework
8. Worked with staff on organization and long term goals
9. Implemented organized activities and sports on site
10. Visited and made connections with other organizations here to strengthen our roots here and make us more effective.
The list could continue, but we need to get back to work so again, we ask that you prayerfully consider how you or others might contribute to make the next few weeks possible.
See our work in progress:
** Please note that if your heart is with the Harvest107 food projects to please make your donations at